torstai 9. marraskuuta 2017

Bangkok (not so) dangerous

I guess it's my time to take the wheel now!

So this is my second time in Asia and for me too it felt good to be back in Bangkok :) It's a vibrant city with lots to do and see. Also it's more western, comfy but exotic :) A good way to start this big trip. Also I didn't see any cockroaches 👍

On Saturday we went to see Thor Ragnarok in an IMAX teather in the Toyota Quartier. It was a cool experience! First we made sure that movie "with soundtrack" meant that it's in English with thai subtitles so we could understand it.. the movie was ok, but the quality of the sound and image was astonishing! Really good experience so we didn't mind to pay 9€ per ticket!


On Sunday the fifth was a big day, the birthday of Matias! :)
I had already asked him months ago what he'd like to do on this day and the answer was then 'floating market'.. so what else is there to do than just go for it,  right :)
We hopped on a BTS and went to the Bang Wa station. From there we took a taxi to the market (Khlong Lat Mayom). It cost only 100tbh and it took around 15min to get there. It was packed with locals and few Western people. We strolled around and looked at all the wonderful things there was to eat there (I wasn't ready to eat anything.. I mean I didn't see any fridgerators anywhere...how could it be safe😅). Matias saw this one snakehead fish stall and we both remembered seeing this in an YouTube video by our favourite Mark Wiens. Matias was excited about the fish so of course I had to get his bday fish for him :) So we sat down and ate it :D "the fish and the sauce was a very good combination and a cool local experience" said Matias. I myself wouldn't say it was a feast but I am happy I tried it and experienced it too :)



Snakehead fish

After coming from the market we ended up at Nana station. Last time we were in Bkk Matias had a 200tbh haircut there and he was looking so scrubby already on day 5 so we went to find the familiar cheap salon :) Matias had his clean cool shave costing  200tbh and I figured that I need to ask how much would it be for my hair.. and it was only 300tbh! What the Hell i thought! Let's do this! So i sat down and now I have a quite short hair but luckily i don't think i need a haircut before the Philippines ;)

300tbh haircut 

In the evening we were in the area of On Nut and Matias had googled a beefy buffet nearby (Best Beef). So we went there and what an experience it was! It was 269tbh only with the meat but 439tbh including beer (separately 100tbh/bottle) and soft drinks.. "hmm we do have a flight tomorrow and had couple of Sang Som rum drinks already.. but if we have three beers in total.. we are winning!".. two Finns there so what do you expect?! Of course we had the whole package! It's celebration day so let's get the bacon and beer coming! :) We had so many sort of meat and got to cook it ourselves in our own hotpot. We stayed the whole two hours there and enjoyed  our stay until the place was closed. I cannot express how cool the best beef was but I definitely would like to experience it again! Maybe we have to start our own business in Turku or somewhere else :) Ai ai ai and nomnomnom!

The menu


Best beef! 

I have to say I feel lucky to be on this trip and also that I have had the opportunity to chat with my granny and my family few times already with WhatsApp.. thank God for the internet! :)

I am btw writing this from Karon beach, Phuket, but maybe i'll save something for the next time :)

- Sini




Our route so far

Ei kommentteja:

LÀhetÀ kommentti